ELAD at Hamvention

Nils Schiffhauer

Hi - as ELAD will attend Hamvention this upcoming weekend, I am sure
that a couple of readers will visit them.
I would be very much interested to get a first-hand and reliable
information about when the FDM-S3 will be available.

Thanks, and have fun there: Nils, DK8OK

--
dk8ok.org

Lee McDaniel

Also, I will not make Dayton. Could someone do a video (maybe Youtube) on the product lines and maybe an interview ?

Hope so thanks.
Leep

On Thu, May 16, 2019, 1:35 AM Nils Schiffhauer <DK8OK@...> wrote:
Hi - as ELAD will attend Hamvention this upcoming weekend, I am sure
that a couple of readers will visit them.
I would be very much interested to get a first-hand and reliable
information about when the FDM-S3 will be available.

Thanks, and have fun there: Nils, DK8OK

--
dk8ok.org

Nils Schiffhauer

...did really no reader of this group had visited ELAD's booth at
Hamvention?

73 Nils, DK8OK

Am 16.05.2019 um 05:34 schrieb Nils Schiffhauer:
Hi - as ELAD will attend Hamvention this upcoming weekend, I am sure
that a couple of readers will visit them.
I would be very much interested to get a first-hand and reliable
information about when the FDM-S3 will be available.

Thanks, and have fun there: Nils, DK8OK

--
dk8ok.org

--
dk8ok.org

antennacrafter

I did, I spoke to Franco, and looked at the S3, and I am so sorry, he did tell me what he was waiting on, but I don't remember the specifics, other than it was soon.

Hope that helps

73
Bob

--
dk8ok.org

Brad

I visited, talked to Franco a bit. It was fairly warm on Saturday, so didn't bug him too long.
I forgot to ask if I could purchase a red case to replace my black one..:-)

KG7OTQ

On May 22, 2019 8:28:47 AM MDT, Nils Schiffhauer <DK8OK@...> wrote:
...did really no reader of this group had visited ELAD's booth at
Hamvention?

73 Nils, DK8OK

Am 16.05.2019 um 05:34 schrieb Nils Schiffhauer:
Hi - as ELAD will attend Hamvention this upcoming weekend, I am sure
that a couple of readers will visit them.
I would be very much interested to get a first-hand and reliable
information about when the FDM-S3 will be available.

Thanks, and have fun there: Nils, DK8OK

--
dk8ok.org

--
dk8ok.org

View/Reply Online (#15129): https://groups.io/g/EladSDR/message/15129
Group Owner: EladSDR+owner@groups.io

Stan Horzepa

At Hamvention, I asked Franco when will the FDM-S3 be available and he said hopefully in September.

Stan, WA1LOU

On 5/22/19 10:28 AM, Nils Schiffhauer wrote:
..did really no reader of this group had visited ELAD's booth at
Hamvention?

73 Nils, DK8OK

Am 16.05.2019 um 05:34 schrieb Nils Schiffhauer:
Hi - as ELAD will attend Hamvention this upcoming weekend, I am sure
that a couple of readers will visit them.
I would be very much interested to get a first-hand and reliable
information about when the FDM-S3 will be available.

Thanks, and have fun there: Nils, DK8OK

--
dk8ok.org

--
dk8ok.org

Nils Schiffhauer

... hopefully, 2019?
73 Nils, DK8OK

Am 22.05.19 um 19:36 schrieb Stan Horzepa

At Hamvention, I asked Franco when will the FDM-S3 be available and he
said hopefully in September.

Stan, WA1LOU

On 5/22/19 10:28 AM, Nils Schiffhauer wrote:
..did really no reader of this group had visited ELAD's booth at
Hamvention?

73 Nils, DK8OK

Am 16.05.2019 um 05:34 schrieb Nils Schiffhauer:
Hi - as ELAD will attend Hamvention this upcoming weekend, I am sure
that a couple of readers will visit them.
I would be very much interested to get a first-hand and reliable
information about when the FDM-S3 will be available.

Thanks, and have fun there: Nils, DK8OK

--
dk8ok.org

--
dk8ok.org

Charles Ristorcelli <nn3v@...>

I too visited the ELAD booth, and helped demonstrate features to the curious.

For what it is worth, the Hamvention gave definite proof that all manufacturers have switched to SDR architectures, including Elecraft. They are abandoning their traditional architecture and gone entirely SDR. The new K4 has nothing in common with the K3 line.

I found that the curious at the ELAD booth were primarily interested in the ART-120 remote control features, and questioned extensively how the software was installed and what additional connections were available to allow full remote control of a remote station. They wanted to know how to command antenna and rotor controls (many questioning how to command a SteppIr), how to see SWR results, etc.

Obviously here in U.S. the era of remote arrived. It is probably very important to improve the installation instructions asa few who were trying to get remote to work admitted to not being "...Linux programmers…" since Windows is the common baseline for software.

Lee McDaniel

I had asked on an earlier thread if anyone did a video at Hamvention with ELAD. Did anyone ?

Thanks Lee

On Thu, May 23, 2019, 9:49 AM Charles Ristorcelli <nn3v@...> wrote:
[...]

Marty Wittrock

I not only visited the ELAD booth at Dayton (Xenia), but I bought the camo-cased FDM-DUO they had playing in the booth by 2:20 PM on the day the show opened (Friday)...Franco gave me a price I could not refuse... :)

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Conrad, PA5Y

Don't take it out portable Marty, you'll lose it 😊

Conrad PA5Y

I not only visited the ELAD booth at Dayton (Xenia), but I bought the camo-cased FDM-DUO they had playing in the booth by 2:20 PM on the day the show opened (Friday)...Franco gave me a price I could not refuse... :)

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Paul

On 5/23/19 8:49 AM, Charles Ristorcelli wrote:
I too visited the ELAD booth, and helped demonstrate features to the curious.

For what it is worth, the Hamvention gave definite proof that all manufacturers have switched to SDR architectures, including Elecraft. They are abandoning their traditional architecture and gone entirely SDR. The new K4 has nothing in common with the K3 line.

Apart from the K4's optional superhetrodyne front end... :>) Not totally abandoning the past...

I quote "The K4HD in turn builds on the K4D and additionally offers a dual superhet module (for main and sub-receivers). Only the 8MHz IF is then sent through the ADC - the result is excellent dynamic range and excellent high-signal strength. "

<<snip>>
de
paul
W9PCS

"You see, wireless telegraph is a kind of a very, very long
cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is
meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this?
And radio operates exactly the same way: you send
signals here, they receive them there. The only
difference is that there is no cat." Albert Einstein

Resistance Is Not Futile!
It's voltage divided by current.

No trees were killed in the generation of this message,
but a tremendous number of electrons were terribly
inconvenienced

"To err is human...to really mess things up requires the
root password."

You gotta have a plan or how would you know when you deviated from it...