Scrolling

Arthur De Maine

Question how does one stop the mouse wheel scrolling 10 kHz at a time.

Arthur

Patrick Bouldin <patrick@...>

Howdy Arthur,

I'm not sure if you're wanting to totally disable the effect (don't know how to do that).

However, changing the effect is easy. First, it depends on where you are on the interface. Let's say you're anywhere in the large part of the display, or in the top frequency bar on the bottom. Change the step by going to SET (bottom left), and select the "Tuning Step" tab. The only way I know how to do it is to create one of the custom rows. I'm sure you could probably create one row with the entire frequency span. But consider instead learning how this works - you could set a row with a start of 14,000,000 Hz, and end at 14,060,000 Hz, and set the step at 1 Hz or something, maybe set the mode to CW. Then maybe add another row and start at 14,150,000 Hz, end at 14,350,000 Hz and set the step to maybe 20 Hz, maybe set to USB.

That will teach you how all that works, basically it's designed to give a bunch of options.

Note there is another setup tab called "Tuning" which then notice a way to change either the "Band Bar" or "Middle Bar". Experiment with that, so that when your mouse is hovering in the middle bar (down low), then that's where the middle bar setting takes effect, etc.

I hope that wasn't too confusing and if sorry if I missed the mark.

73,

Patrick KM5L

Chris Mackerell

Hi Arthur

Not sure if it is what you want, but the arrow keys normally change
the tuning step. The actual keys depend on the configuration selected
on the "Tuning" Setup page. I use Up/Down for step size, Left/Right
to tune.

I also have a Griffen PowerMate knob that tunes by turning and adjusts
the step size by press & turn (just sends arrow keystrokes really).

Cheers, Chris

--
Chris Mackerell, 217 Sandy Bay-Marahau Road, Marahau
R.D. 2, Motueka 7197, New Zealand

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Arthur, there are different step sizes on my scroll wheel depending on where I operate the mouse wheel.

If I am on the lowest bar on the display, it steps 25kHz, on the next bar up, it steps 1kHz and on the top bar, or the waterfall, it steps 10Hz unelss I change that using trhe up/down arrows.

Settings are on SET->Tuning

Neil G4DBN

On 2019-04-14 20:57, Arthur De Maine wrote:
Question how does one stop the mouse wheel scrolling 10 kHz at a time.

Arthur

Arthur De Maine

Thanks Neil, Patrick and Chris. I now am able to scroll in 1 KHz steps.
Thanks for help much appreciated.

Arthur
Away Dxing in the Caitlins

On 15/04/2019, at 10:18 AM, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

Hi Arthur, there are different step sizes on my scroll wheel depending on where I operate the mouse wheel.

<emijbjakkllnenim.png>

If I am on the lowest bar on the display, it steps 25kHz, on the next bar up, it steps 1kHz and on the top bar, or the waterfall, it steps 10Hz unelss I change that using trhe up/down arrows.

Settings are on SET->Tuning

<ofnpfcjoaijkdgpn.png>