ELAD Developmet

Charles Ristorcelli <nn3v@...>

Reading of the interesting ideas at ELAD, does anyone have any information whatsoever about the development status of the remote access software for the ART-120?

I've asked about this before and seen no answers whatsoever.

Last I knew Franco asked me over a year ago to test the new firmware upgrade to the ART-120 toi see if it registered being "aware" that remote access was initiated. The upgrade indeed worked. But since then I've not heard or seen anything about it.

As we hate to hear, silence is golden but duck tape is silver.

Patrick Bouldin <patrick@...>

I've not heard of anything. What are people doing now, RDP or logmein, or??   How about shipping the audio stream?

73, Patrick KM5L

Patrick Bouldin <patrick@...>

Added post here - I just watched a post of the new remote capability of Flex. The two use-cases are not practical at all, plenty of room for an innovation team to knock it out of the ball-park.

Suggestion: "Team Platform Network", where a front-end network interface allows smart-sharing of a "club" station, or a "group" station. Something smart that controls multiple antenna, radios, etc.

Anyway, regardless of Team sharing, I can see where you could do an HTML based call on radio audio, probably less than 50 ms or so plus full station control. Log into some central DNS controlled web server IP, with good security, and direct you to your Team sharing SDR station. Etc. Inevitable I think, best to get there first! Seriously, is this not obviously going to happen?

73, KM5L

Charles Ristorcelli <nn3v@...>

Not a worthwhile effort unless ELAD is serious about developing the promised remote capability that was supposed to appear with ART-120.

Over the past year in this forum  I've repeated asked about this and never seen any replies, from Franco or ELAD or anyone else. I presume ELAD gave up.

dj207@...

I loved my Elad.   Wanted to buy ART for same reason.  Same results.   Sold Elad and bought flex.  Ironically Elad still has advantages over flex.  Flex remote is amazing though.

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 5:39 PM, Charles Ristorcelli <nn3v@...> wrote:

Not a worthwhile effort unless ELAD is serious about developing the promised remote capability that was supposed to appear with ART-120.

Over the past year in this forum  I've repeated asked about this and never seen any replies, from Franco or ELAD or anyone else. I presume ELAD gave up.

Paul NN4F

The Linux remote as shown at Dayton is almost complete, we are testing from Italy remote to my shack in SC, and the dev team are working on the windows version
all should be available this summer, Linux sooner.....

Paul EladUSA

ps, I did post a reply a few days ago, but it seems to have vanished into the ether...

Charles Ristorcelli <nn3v@...>

At last!