VS: VS: [EladSDR] Using SDR-Console & FDM-SW2 Software

Otso Ylönen

This brings to my mind a wild idea which would allow “syncing” of IQ files made with different receivers at the same time, for example with antennas pointing to different directions. When playing back, one could then jump between the recordings with buttons on SW2…

BR, Otso

P.S. I will have to try if running instances of SW2 under one account behaves better now with new versions. Previously, it was not possible to have them remember all settings correctly.

Lähettäjä: g0ofe
Lähetetty: lauantai 16. helmikuuta 2019 11.24
Vastaanottaja: EladSDR@groups.io
Aihe: Re: VS: [EladSDR] Using SDR-Console & FDM-SW2 Software

Further to this... SDR Console will also allow you, subject to hardware/ resources, to run multiple SDRs, including multiple Elads, at the same time.

I have two S2s which run together fine.

Jim.

On 16/02/2019 09:39, Vianney Colombat wrote:

You can use more than one FDM devices with the same user account without problem, using the same (and the only one) installation of the FDM-SW2 software.

I regularly run two FDM-DUOs, two FDM-S2 and one FDM-S1 on the same computer, at the same time, on the same Windows user account, with the single one installation of the FDM-SW2 software. I need 5 usb connection obviously.

Vianney

To: "EladSDR@groups.io" <EladSDR@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 09:39:01 +0100
Subject: VS: [EladSDR] Using SDR-Console & FDM-SW2 Software

Yes, you can run these parallel. I have three FDM-2:s and run the under Windows 10 side-by-side, covering a good part of the FM broadcast band.

I actually run them from one single directory/folder but start them via “Run As” under different user accounts.

BR, Otso

Lähettäjä: John Palmer via Groups.Io
Lähetetty: perjantai 15. helmikuuta 2019 16.16
Aihe: [EladSDR] Using SDR-Console & FDM-SW2 Software

Having found that the FDM-DUOr is a very good RX i have now purchased the  FDM-SW2 RX as well. I have found that you can run both receivers side by side. To my amazement both work in tandem. Just thought that various people might find this useful.

Also you can run both RX’s with the same software, the only thing you have to do is make sure both pieces of software are in different folders on your windows drive, I have one in the route directory and the other in program files. This is possible if you have a very fast spec computer because the cpu usage is very high. I use a IMac Pro 8th generation I7 with 16gb of memory and it works fine for me.

I for one is now thinking of buying the tx + Duo Art amp.

Many thanks for the updates that are making the radio’s the cutting-edge of the new breed of radio’s

John

M0LCD

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Vianney Colombat

Otso,

you're right, when running more than one instance under the same user account, only the settings related to the FDM devices (the xml files with the serial number) are managed separately.

Vianney

Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 12:28:31 +0100
Subject: VS: VS: [EladSDR] Using SDR-Console & FDM-SW2 Software

This brings to my mind a wild idea which would allow “syncing” of IQ files made with different receivers at the same time, for example with antennas pointing to different directions. When playing back, one could then jump between the recordings with buttons on SW2…

BR, Otso

P.S. I will have to try if running instances of SW2 under one account behaves better now with new versions. Previously, it was not possible to have them remember all settings correctly.
Lähettäjä: g0ofe
Lähetetty: lauantai 16. helmikuuta 2019 11.24
Aihe: Re: VS: [EladSDR] Using SDR-Console & FDM-SW2 Software

Further to this... SDR Console will also allow you, subject to hardware/ resources, to run multiple SDRs, including multiple Elads, at the same time.
I have two S2s which run together fine.

Jim.

On 16/02/2019 09:39, Vianney Colombat wrote:

You can use more than one FDM devices with the same user account without problem, using the same (and the only one) installation of the FDM-SW2 software.

I regularly run two FDM-DUOs, two FDM-S2 and one FDM-S1 on the same computer, at the same time, on the same Windows user account, with the single one installation of the FDM-SW2 software. I need 5 usb connection obviously.

Vianney

Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 09:39:01 +0100
Subject: VS: [EladSDR] Using SDR-Console & FD

Yes, you can run these parallel. I have three FDM-2:s and run the under Windows 10 side-by-side, covering a good part of the FM broadcast band.

I actually run them from one single directory/folder but start them via “Run As” under different user accounts.

BR, Otso

Lähettäjä: John Palmer via Groups.Io
Lähetetty: perjantai 15. helmikuuta 2019 16.16
Aihe: [EladSDR] Using SDR-Console & FDM-SW2 Software

Having found that the FDM-DUOr is a very good RX i have now purchased the  FDM-SW2 RX as well. I have found that you can run both receivers side by side. To my amazement both work in tandem. Just thought that various people might find this useful.
Also you can run both RX’s with the same software, the only thing you have to do is make sure both pieces of software are in different folders on your windows drive, I have one in the route directory and the other in program files. This is possible if you have a very fast spec computer because the cpu usage is very high. I use a IMac Pro 8th generation I7 with 16gb of memory and it works fine for me.
I for one is now thinking of buying the tx + Duo Art amp.
Many thanks for the updates that are making the radio’s the cutting-edge of the new breed of radio’s

John
M0LCD

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

Virus-free. www.avast.com