A features wish list for SW2 software...let's compile one.

Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...>

Greetings all-  I don't see a formalized pathway to let Elad know what users want most in SW2.

Can we make this a place to aggregate our ideas and wishes? Here are mine:

Ability to adjust the filter bandwidth with the mouse on the main display.
"Audio mute on TX" button on top main screen (need quick switch for when in SSB vs Digital modes)(or memorize with mode)
TX power adjust slider on top level screen.
Attenuator working when controlled from SW2 (no effect now)
NR DSP filter output gain reduced. Should be the same as when not engaged...but it's higher.
Right click on additional RX's with option to close that RX. Current way with buttons is ambiguous.
Option to send current RX freq to memory from memory display window.
Optional but very desired: Option for quick record from RX and replay to TX for sending sample of station's signal back to them.

Please post your desired features here on this topic.

73's Bob Nagy- AB5N

Marc Pilotte

BOB: I sent your request directly to Franco.
6.5.2018@5:07 LCL
Marc WB9DBD

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:02 PM Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...> wrote:
[...]

Vianney Colombat

Hello,

some functionalities are already presents :
 - adjust the filter bandwidth with the mouse : click on the Filter BW text box, leave the cursor inside and move the mouse wheel,
- TX power adjust slider on top level screen : there is no slider but you can adjust the power with the Tx Power combo box of the DUO Stand Alone Control panel, click on the FDM-DUO button on the upper left of the main window to open this panel,
- attenuator working when controlled from SW2 : use Attenuator check box on the upper right of the main window, it must work,
- option to send current RX freq to memory from memory display window :
    - first create and load a memory file (SET button -> Station Memory tab),
    - when the memory file is enabled and the memories are displayed in the memory part of the main window, you can right click on the main window and choose the "Save to Mem File" option to save the frequency of the selected VRX in the memory file.

Vianney

Il 05/06/2018 23:02, Bob Nagy ha scritto:
Greetings all-  I don't see a formalized pathway to let Elad know what users want most in SW2.

Can we make this a place to aggregate our ideas and wishes? Here are mine:

Ability to adjust the filter bandwidth with the mouse on the main display.
"Audio mute on TX" button on top main screen (need quick switch for when in SSB vs Digital modes)(or memorize with mode)
TX power adjust slider on top level screen.
Attenuator working when controlled from SW2 (no effect now)
NR DSP filter output gain reduced. Should be the same as when not engaged...but it's higher.
Right click on additional RX's with option to close that RX. Current way with buttons is ambiguous.
Option to send current RX freq to memory from memory display window.
Optional but very desired: Option for quick record from RX and replay to TX for sending sample of station's signal back to them._

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...>

V-

Good information. Some good work-arounds. Indeed, the ATT does not work when you select it from the main SW2 screen.
Yes, the bandwidth can be adjusted by the BW window, but the best way is like the IF window, drag the mouse. If this was on the top
screen, it would be like the Flex and other SDRs. Excellent on the memory save from main screen....

I have a few more suggestions:

The AGC setting stays with the mode selected. (we usually always want fast on CW and slow on SSB...etc)
Add a "Data" mode to the main mode list that has USB or LSB selectable in the Set menus.
Make it possible to use the Advanced TX EQ/compressor menu on the hand-held mic
The record button should be RED all the time - and blink RED when recording.

Thanks for forwarding these!

Bob-AB5N

Pete

As long as we are compiling a suggestion list for SW2 improvement, I’d like to have a Vol 2 slider and L/R selectors added to the IF SPECTRUM windows. That would make life much easier for monitoring several frequencies consecutively for data.

Pete

AChristianHam@yahoo.com

I would like to have some desires also.
1.  I would love to be able to move the slice without moving the window.

2.  Can we have PL tones or CTCSS tones for 6 M FM?

Mike N4BQQ

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 13:53, Pete Briggs

As long as we are compiling a suggestion list for SW2 improvement, I’d like to have a Vol 2 slider and L/R selectors added to the IF SPECTRUM windows. That would make life much easier for monitoring several frequencies consecutively for data.

Pete

DL2EBV

Hello,
I would like to have the interface for the external preselectors expanded from a 1 out of 8 code to a full 8-bit word to select more than 8 possible filters. 8 filters are not enough for the single hambands. Also for a mixture of narrow filters for the hambands and broader for the radiolisteners needs more than 8 filters. As there is also one place neccessary for a bypass the selection without a full 8-bit word is a little bit small.

The expansion would not make the use of the actual mode impossible.

vy 73, Ernst, DL2EBV

Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...>

And here is another one I forgot:

The main frequency display on the top screen needs to be at least twice as big.

It's the primary piece of information..and it's very small.

Bob-AB5N

AndersH

Support for MW offsets in SW2 is my suggestion. More FFT options and extra high frequency resolution can open up new worlds.
http://radiovibrations.com/dx/offset/einfuehrung.htm

All the best!
Anders

Otso Ylönen

Hi,

A very simple one: Once you start recording of an IQ file and you get to give the file a name, you should be able to *hit Enter* to dismiss the dialog box and quickly start the recording. Fiddling with a mouse is frustrating if you are in a hurry...

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Montag, 11. Juni 2018 um 21:56 Uhr
Von: AndersH <anhn@...>
An: EladSDR@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [EladSDR] A features wish list for SW2 software...let's compile one.
Support for MW offsets in SW2 is my suggestion. More FFT options and extra high frequency resolution can open up new worlds.
http://radiovibrations.com/dx/offset/einfuehrung.htm

All the best!
Anders

Guido Schotmans

Better IQ playback management is really needed. Now it plays the files and that's about it. Browsing from one file to another is difficult ande jumping to a specific time impossible.  Some other applications are doing better here.

73,

Guido.

Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...>

OK..good going guys!  This is the thing that makes SDR radios SO much better than the old rigs. They can improve.

I'll add a few more wants:

IF window can save it's scan width when exiting the software. Opens with last settings.

A simple PTT button on the top screen.

Make SET menu be ON TOP always. It freezes other windows and is sometimes behind them.

TX power control on top window. Stand-alone window does this, but you must keep it open always for this function alone.

Big Grazie to the guys at Elad !!

Bob-AB5N

Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...>

Edited

I'm just going to keep listing items as I find them:

NOTE: This issue has been addressed and fixed with the current SW2 editions.

The notch filters don't work correctly. If you set a frequency to notch out a signal, the notch stays
with it's position on the screen - and not that actual frequency set on the notch window.
The Notch should be locked to the frequency set in it's frequency window. Instead it stays in the
center of the spectrum/waterfall display.

Bob-AB5N

Neil Smith G4DBN

Seems OK on my SW2 3.018 Bob, I tried with a click-to-set notch and one I entered manually.  When I change tuning frequency, the notches stay on frequency and slide along with the signal as expected.  This is in standalone and single channel mode at 192kHz.

What exact steps did you use so I can try to reproduce the fault?  Is it the same on notch 1 and notch 2?

Neil G4DBN

On 18/06/2018 16:32, Bob Nagy wrote:
I'm just going to keep listing items as I find them:

The notch filters don't work correctly. If you set a frequency to notch out a signal, the notch stays
with it's position on the screen - and not that actual frequency set on the notch window.
The Notch should be locked to the frequency set in it's frequency window. Instead it stays in the
center of the spectrum/waterfall display.

Bob-AB5N

Marc Pilotte

ALL ELAD GUYS + GALS:
I have fed ALL of these recent requests to Franco. Not to make excuses.. but Franco is wearing many many hats, and has quite a goodly # of irons in the fire. We spoke@ Dayton regarding all the requests for changes/updates/modifications...etc.. these all take time to test before implementation. PLEASE UNDERSTAND...
Thanks!
Marc WB9DBD,
** PROUD owner/user of the best SDR ( and REAL SDR ) Radio EVER EVER BUILT. **

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:32 AM Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...> wrote:
I'm just going to keep listing items as I find them:

The notch filters don't work correctly. If you set a frequency to notch out a signal, the notch stays
with it's position on the screen - and not that actual frequency set on the notch window.
The Notch should be locked to the frequency set in it's frequency window. Instead it stays in the
center of the spectrum/waterfall display.

Bob-AB5N

Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...>

Marc-
Thanks so much. I think everyone realizes that it is not realistic to think all ideas / requests would be implemented pronto.
These are "wishes"!

OK, I'm going to add another wish. When you are in un-locked mode on the main screen- not locked to CF, when you move the
RX "window" with your mouse to either edge of the screen it would be great if it started moving frequency down or up (left edge or right edge) as when scrolling the frequency sliders under the window.

I'll be quiet now...ha!

73's
Bob

Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...>

Neil-

OK, I was on 3.013. I bought the radio at the Dayton Hamfest in May.

Just upgraded to 3.019 and it has been fixed!  Excellent.

I know how hard and time-consuming fixing coding problems can be...as well as adding features.

Hats off to Franco. If there was any way we users could help in this process, I would be so supportive of that.

73's

Bob-AB5N

Marc Pilotte

All:
I appreciate and I know Franco appreciates the input + interest everyone shows and the fact that changes are not instantaneous. I believe whole heartedly that the ELAD organization is attentive to the needs of their users/owners/interested parties. When is the last time you had dealings with the CEO of yaesu? Or icom? How about kenwood? Don’t think so. They are all fine companies and I own a minimum of at least one of each of the aforementioned companies radios, but they cannot compare with ELAD. Just hang in there and changes will be implemented as soon as humanly possible. If you ever have doubts about ELAD...just stop by the booth at Dayton/Xenia or the Orlando HAMCATION and speak with Franco DIRECTLY! Paul will be there as well to assist with technical questions too.

If you know Ø regarding the DUO or the ART, I may be able to assist you. I AM NOT an employee of ELAD,  just a volunteer who believes STRONGLY in Franco and his company.
Shoot me an email anytime, and I’ll see if I can assist you. ( not technical in nature!! )
Marc
WB9DBD
dirtybrowndawg
Franklin, GA

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 10:55 AM Bob Nagy <askbobquestions@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I'm just going to keep listing items as I find them:

NOTE: This issue has been addressed and fixed with the current SW2 editions.

The notch filters don't work correctly. If you set a frequency to notch out a signal, the notch stays
with it's position on the screen - and not that actual frequency set on the notch window.
The Notch should be locked to the frequency set in it's frequency window. Instead it stays in the
center of the spectrum/waterfall display.

Bob-AB5N

Paul Jones

My Duoart is on the way so as soon as I get it I’ll be able to properly answer support question about the amp and updates etc...

I’m currently addressing all the documentation for all Elad Products, and adding info and redoing the elad websites with better product info.

I had a long call with Franco this morning and there are major changes in the near future, the duoarts are going into full production now, and Franco has been freed up to get the S3 into the next stages, the S3 will be available very soon.

Paul - NN4F- EladUSA

On Jun 21, 2018, at 12:51, Marc Pilotte <wb9dbd@...> wrote:

[...]

John Dziedziejko

Hi Paul,

I will be ordering the FDM-DUO when they are back in stock. Before I enter the order do you know if there are any plans to update the hardware?

Thank you.
John W9QP