Number of sound cards detected in FDM-SW2

David Salomon <david_salomon@...>

I thought I asked this before, but I cannot find it via search, so here goes...

Because of having an external sound card with 10 separate inputs, plus 5 virtual audio cable sound cards, plus the ones created by Flex for DAX, and all the incarnations for each (Line, Mic, S/PDIF) Windows 10 64-bit lists 65 sound devices!  FDM-SW2 lists "only" 20.  So here's the issue - I may or may not see the devices I want to use for VRX devices in the software.  If using 2 channel mode, there can be up to 8 separate and different VRXs..  I know it sounds absurd, but listing "only" 20 in FDM-SW2 is way too limiting.  It should be able to list ALL the devices listed in Windows.

I really can use all 8 VRXs in my setup because I do a lot of digital decoding and really can have 8 different channels going at the same time (actually, more when using >1 SDRs and other software simultaneously).

Please, please, please change this in the next release.

73 - David, AG4F

Vianney Colombat

Hello David,

last FDM-SW2 version (3.002) should have a limit of 30 audio devices. We will increase this limit in the next release.

Vianney

Il 23/02/2018 00:06, David Salomon ha scritto:
[...]

Logo AVG

www.avg.com

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

David Salomon <david_salomon@...>

Vianney -

That's great, but I cannot use version 3.002 because it consistently crashes when I use CAT control, which I need to use.  I posted about this a few weeks ago, but didn't get any response from Elad, so I assume no one saw it.  I dropped back to 1.5? (don't recall exactly which one).

Can you give me a time frame for when this will be fixed, and when the CAT crash issue will be addressed?

thanks - David, AG4F

David Salomon <david_salomon@...>

Vianney -

One more thing that really needs to be addressed in the next release is the function of memory tuning, which I reported about a week ago.  If there are more than one receivers open, clicking on a frequency in the station list will ALWAYS tune RX1, regardless of which receiver is currently selected.  This make the station list unusable for multiple receivers.

73 - David, AG4F