Re: Problem with Windows 10

Otso Ylönen

Hello Franco,
I did not actually remove the files from my personal folder, though I uninstalled the software. I cannot test that now as the receiver is not mine. The two that I have do "work" on Win10 with the audio/resoure issues described below.

The laptop has only USB3 ports. I have tried the receivers plugging them irectly in those and through v2 and v3 hubs with no impact. Also, I have tried them with and without the current doubler cable. Now, running under Win7, I have them directly on the laptop's USB ports.

I did look at the BIOS settings, too. The only thing I found there was the USB legacy support, which was on by default. Turning that off did not help.

I suspect there is a bug of some sorts in a rather low level, which causes a resource bottleneck somehere in the system. I suppose it could be in the audio subsystem. However, bypassing the Realtek sound card did not help either. The problem can be easily provoked when the S2 is on and you load some flash content in a browser and move the browser window at the same time.

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2015 um 23:27 Uhr
Von: "'team_elad@...' team_elad@... [elad_sdr_en]"
An: elad_sdr_en@...
Betreff: Re: [elad_sdr_en] Problem with Windows 10

Hi Otso,

I had a strange problem with a particular S2 receiver on a certain laptop: when selecting it from the initial startup menu, the SW2 always crashed without an error code.
Have you tried to reset the SW2 software to factory setting?  
To restore factory setting you can delete o better move all files of the \(My) Documents\ELAD\FDM-SW2 folder to another directory.

On my Asus G70JW, a rather powerful i7 based laptop, the SW2 takes way too much resources.

Just a suggestion even if you report:

With Windows 7 on the same machine, I can monitor eight simultanous frequencies and record 2x full 6MHz bands to an external hard disk with two receivers connected.

Any change on Bios setting on UBS ports can improve? have you available an USB 2.0 host port to try if improve?

73, Franco IU3ADL

On 26/ott/2015, at 12:23, 'Otso Ylonen' otso.ylonen@... [elad_sdr_en] <elad_sdr_en@...> wrote:

Hi,
I have no experience on FDM-S1, but I have installed successfully the FDM-S2 driver on two Windows 10 machines. However, I had a strange problem with a particular S2 receiver on a certain laptop: when selecting it from the initial startup menu, the SW2 always crashed without an error code. Two other receivers I have tried with this PC act normally. I did not see any issues in the Device Manager or Windows Registry, and uninstallation of the software and driver did not help. The same device works fine with another Win10 PC.

Another Windows 10 related finding:
On my Asus G70JW, a rather powerful i7 based laptop, the SW2 takes way too much resources. Monitoring two or more virtual receivers concurrently causes audio to stutter badly. I have updated all drivers and tried different soundcards, graphics drivers etc. with no impact to the problem. With Windows 7 on the same machine, I can monitor eight simultanous frequencies and record 2x full 6MHz bands to an external hard disk with two receivers connected.

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2015 um 17:58 Uhr
Von: "eb1fzy@... [elad_sdr_en]" <elad_sdr_en@...>
An: elad_sdr_en@...
Betreff: [elad_sdr_en] Problem with Windows 10

Windows 10 Pro 64, will not let me install the driver ELAD FDM S1.
Any solution?
Thank you.

Join EladSDR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.