Re: SW2: working split - help please (long question sorry) WISH TO ELAD TEAM

Kjell-Goran SM4GRP

Hi Neil

I have the same opinion as you, SW2 is not smooth to operate when it comes to split or RIT operation. I do like this:

1. Use RX1 as you RX VFO.
2. Use RX2 as you TX VFO.
3. Tune around with RX1 until you find someone to QSO with. I usually tune around with Lock to CF disabled.
4. Click ->CF to get the RX frequency to the center of the display.
5. Click on yellow RX2 button.
6. Click ->CF to align RX1 and RX2 (the TX VFO) on the same frequency (center of display).
7. Click on the red RX1 button.

Now you have RX and TX frequencies aligned, TX is fixed in the center and RX is free to tune around. This scheme is how I solve the problem but it is very awkward and makes the DUO/SW2 experience less enjoyable.

TO THE ELAD TEAM: IS IT POSSIBLE TO IMPLEMENT A BUTTON IN THE TUNING COMMANDS PANEL THAT MAKES RIT/SPLIT OPERATION EASIER? ONE CLICK INSTEAD OF MANY MANY?

Thank you & 73 / Kjell-Göran SM4GRP