Re: Laptop v Desktop

Richard Langley

Ditto. I know we should not be prolonging this age-old discussion of Windows vs. Macs but I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Apple supporter ever since my Apple II days in the early 1980s. In a research environment, we have to run Windows and, increasingly, Linux but I still use a Mac personally and run SDR Windows software via Mac OS Boot Camp.
-- Richard Langley

On Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 337, at 6:23 AM, pd0psb@hotmail.com [elad_sdr_en] wrote:

(sorry for the off topic)

I have use both Windows and OSX for decades, think I started with OS 6 and Win 3 after my Atari broke down :-)

The most important difference I have always noticed is *system maintainance*.

The hours,days,weeks I have spent on problems,driver updates,crashes,updating on the wrong moments, hidden incompatability,frustrations,spontaneous breakdowns,etc, is *incomparable* to the smoothness and stability of the Mac environment.

If OSX is jail, Windows is forced labour ;-)

73
Paul
PD0PSB

| Richard B. Langley E-mail: lang@unb.ca |
| Geodetic Research Laboratory Web: http://gge.unb.ca/ |
| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering Phone: +1 506 453-5142 |
| University of New Brunswick Fax: +1 506 453-4943 |
| Fredericton, N.B., Canada E3B 5A3 |
| Fredericton? Where's that? See: http://www.fredericton.ca/ |