Re: PN of the FDM-S3 TCXO and OCXO.

Vianney Colombat

The answer is yes to the three questions.

Regards,

Vianney

Il 29/04/2022 09:47, Conrad, PA5Y ha scritto:

Hello Vianny, thank you. Both of those oscillators are good as expected, the OCXO is very nice close in. I do not fully understand the last sentence.

The internal 10MHz goes out of the S3 with a minimal conditioning circuit so its characteristics are not impacted. Does this mean that the 10MHz output which is derived from the OCXO has the same characteristics? I assume therefore that the OCXO is 10MHz? The 122.88MHz clock is generated by the Si5338 and therefore this determines the RX performance. I think that is what you mean?

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to getting my S3, I should have it early next week. I still use a Perseus as my benchmark RX!

73

Conrad PA5Y