Re: Shift in center frequency

Otso Ylönen

Hello Bill,

Yes, that issue has existed for many years.  The latest, i.e. a file bahaving only on first run, I have not seen before.

I will try your sequence during the weekend, when back to home.

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2021 um 01:49 Uhr
Von: "Bill Nollman" <billct97@...>
An: EladSDR@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [EladSDR] Shift in center frequency
Otso;

I can reproduce your 9kHz/10kHz problem in a similar way.
Open a WBFM capture (88-108MHz) with a 100kHz bandwidth.
Close it and then open a MW capture (1.5MHz capture centered on 1120kHz). The bandwidth will still be 100kHz even though I'd prefer 10kHz.
Change the bandwidth to 1kHz or 10kHz (only so I can tune in finer steps than 100kHz). Every station will be off frequency. For example my local 1080kHz is tuned in on 1065kHz.
Now with the bandwidth set to 10kHz close and re-open the same MW capture and everything is working and on frequency.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: EladSDR@groups.io <EladSDR@groups.io> On Behalf Of Otso Ylönen
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 10:37 AM
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EladSDR] Shift in center frequency

An additional finding: I made a clip out of a ”badly behaving” IQ file (between A and B markers). When played back, it also was fine only on first load. When loaded again to SW2 it moved all frequencies up with 2 kHz. E.g. stations on 1440 come now at 1442 kHz!

Otso

> Otso Ylönen <otso.ylonen@...> kirjoitti 20.10.2021 kello 14.42:
>
> Hi,
> I have a strange thing going on with the latest beta SW2 (3.51):
>
> The first time I load a saved (MW) IQ file everything is fine. On consequtive attempts to listen to the captured RF, the center frequency has shifted (e.g. 2 kHz) and all ststions on the band come on ”wrong” frequencies.
>
> I have sometimes had similar trouble when at times using 9kHz step while recording and then attempting to use 10kHz step when reproducing the IQ file (or vice versa).
>
> Now, this is with the same laptop I have done the recordings. I will have to see if things change once I am back from my DX expedition and can use my desktop, which has worked fine with 3.51.
>
> BR, Otso
>
>
>
>
>

Join EladSDR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.