Re: Predistortion with FDM-DUO? #fdm-duo #fdm-sw2 #duo-art

Paul Andrews

Any pre-distortion processing would need to happen in the FDBM-DUO.   The USB path latency between the FDM-DUO and FDM-SW2 would preclude using the host PC.   My guess is that pre-distortion processing needs to be not much faster than speech processing or noise blanking done in firmware,

It's cool to think about.  I am always impressed by my local HF stations running 5 KHz wide and PureSignal running.

73 - Paul - W2HRO

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 1:55 PM Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
I guess you'd also need a whole bunch of extra CPU/FPGA/memory resource.

Would be very nice though.

Neil G4DBN

--
Paul Andrews