Re: Newer MD3 Digital AM in North America... Codecs or support for Elad?

Bjarne Mjelde

Not pretending to respond on behalf of Elad - just a general comment.
The so-called HD format is proprietary, and Ibiquity (now: DTS) seem to make their money from both the receiver side and the transmitter side in the form of licenses. Even if it was possible to enable HD with current SDRs (without having to add chipsets), my guess is that the licensing fees would be prohibitive for the limited market of amateur-grade SDRs. I'd also guess that only a fraction of our marked would be interested in HD Radio as DX targets.
--
Bjarne Mjelde
arcticdx.blogspot.com