FDM-S3 restart after PC restart/power outage - question for support and other S3 users

Bjarne Mjelde

I have been testing the S3 today, including taking it through some of the situations which happen on a remote, sometimes unaccessible place.
If I do a restart of the PC, or if I simulate a power outage, the FDM-S3 cannot be reached again. I need to unplug and replub the USB cable for it to be visible. I suspect this is due to the Cypress USB bootloader. I experienced identical symptoms when I tested the RX888 last year. It too had a Cypress USB bootloader.

Now, this is a showstopper. However, one should never rule out operator error or other local problems. So if anyone have observed the same, I would like to know. And if Elad is aware of this, I would be very interested in finding a solution, so that the SDR can be connected to after a PC restart or a power outage. This is a number one priority for me if I am to keep the S3.
--
Bjarne Mjelde
arcticdx.blogspot.com