Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Dezember 2020 um 09:45 Uhr
Von: "Andy G4JNT" <andy.g4jnt@...>
An: EladSDR@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [EladSDR] FDM-SW2 Ergonomics
This was my argument when I first got mu DUO;  tried SW2, found it so awful and counter-intuitive I never used it since.

Andy

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 09:35, G8NRY <info@...> wrote:

Hi, one of the frequent criticisms I see of FDM-SW2 is that it is not intuitive to use and comparing top other SDR software, there seems (to me) to be some glaring omissions in the GUI which contribute to this.
Why, for instance, are none of the the "status" icons on the main RX display interactive (i.e. Step, NR, AN, LSB, BW, CFG)?
Wouldn't the programme be much easier to use if you could just click them to toggle or pop up the list of options, and right click to open relevant Setup page, instead of having to constantly zoom over to the right to search for them in the control panel?
Same applies to ATT, NB, LP, AGC and Threshold, which don't have any indicators in the "status" bar.
There could even be an option to have the Volume sliders in a horizonal row across the bottom of the main screen, so allowing the right hand panel to be shrunk or hidden if desired.
Seems a bit of a no brainer to me?

Paul G8NRY