Re: SW2 problem

Tony EI8JK

Thanks Paul.
That worked!
But the odd thing is I was running 3.037 with full install, in fact I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.037 three times and it still didn't work with S3.
But this time I updated to 3.046 as you suggested and it's all working now, so thanks for that.

73, Tony.

On 08/12/2020 14:32, Paul Jones wrote:
Sounds like an s3 driver issue, install the latest Full install 3.037 that will install the s3 updated drivers, then grab the 3.046 update
That should fix your issue

Paul EladUSA

On Dec 8, 2020, at 09:21, Tony EI8JK <ei8jk@...> wrote:

 OK it gets stranger, but might help in pinpointing the problem.
If I connect with my DUO it works perfectly and it also works perfectly with my S1, but crashes every time when I try with the S3.
I would have thought that if it works with one it would work with them all, but apparently not so.
Tony

On 08/12/2020 12:23, Tony EI8JK wrote:
Hi Neil, I just tried that. It took some finding as the files were in C:/users/Tony/documents/Elad/...
I deleted them all but no difference, although I didn't delete & reinstall the SW2 software afterwards.

Tony, EI8JK

On 08/12/2020 11:53, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

Hi Tony, in your list of things to try, I don't see the usual first step of deleting all of the XML files in c:\users\<username>\Elad\FDM-SW2, did you definitely try that?  I don't know of many cases where any of the other steps have ever fixed anything.

Neil G4DBN

On 08/12/2020 11:47, Tony EI8JK wrote:
Hi, I have a problem with SW2 in Windows 10
It was all working perfectly with my S3 until I decided to upgrade SW2 to the latest version (the one I was using was downloaded in 2018)
The problem I have is, if I start SW2 with the S3 turned off it will start OK in offline mode.
If I try to start SW2 with the S3 turned on it hangs at ....Loading...
If I click the loading panel Windows reports that SW2 is not responding.

I've looked at past posts with this sort of problem and have tried; uninstalling SW2, deleting all files with "ELAD" in the title, deleting recycle bin, rebooting, and then reinstalling SW2, to no avail.
Any idea what to look for or more importantly, how to fix it?
Thanks, Tony.
_._,_