Re: SW2 problem

Tony EI8JK

Hi Neil, I just tried that. It took some finding as the files were in C:/users/Tony/documents/Elad/...
I deleted them all but no difference, although I didn't delete & reinstall the SW2 software afterwards.

Tony, EI8JK

On 08/12/2020 11:53, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

Hi Tony, in your list of things to try, I don't see the usual first step of deleting all of the XML files in c:\users\<username>\Elad\FDM-SW2, did you definitely try that?  I don't know of many cases where any of the other steps have ever fixed anything.

Neil G4DBN

On 08/12/2020 11:47, Tony EI8JK wrote:
Hi, I have a problem with SW2 in Windows 10
It was all working perfectly with my S3 until I decided to upgrade SW2 to the latest version (the one I was using was downloaded in 2018)
The problem I have is, if I start SW2 with the S3 turned off it will start OK in offline mode.
If I try to start SW2 with the S3 turned on it hangs at ....Loading...
If I click the loading panel Windows reports that SW2 is not responding.

I've looked at past posts with this sort of problem and have tried; uninstalling SW2, deleting all files with "ELAD" in the title, deleting recycle bin, rebooting, and then reinstalling SW2, to no avail.
Any idea what to look for or more importantly, how to fix it?
Thanks, Tony.
_._,_