Re: DUO-ART rx filter rules #duo-art

Vianney Colombat

Hello Jim,

you are correct, you are still using the preselector when you tune within the range of one of the enabled filters.

The DUO-ART analyzes the filters settings in order and check the current frequency, if a filter is enabled and if the current frequency is within its limits then the filter is selected. Putting the bypass on the last slot (number 8) and enabling this slot for the entire frequency range (0-54MHz) will select the bypass when the other filters are not selected.

Regards,

Vianney

Il 28/11/2020 22:29, Jim AJ8S ha scritto:
I am a new DUO-ART-120 owner. I have installed seven bandpass filters in the preselector. If I set the FDM-DUO menu 31 to antenna #2 (which is necessary to use the preselector) then the receiver passes no signals except when one of the bandpass filters is in range and enabled.  That is as expected.

The amplifier came with a bypass card in slot 8. If I enable slot 8 and set it to cover the entire frequency range of the radio then when I tune to a frequency which does not fall in one of the filter passbands I can still receive.

My question:  With it set up like this am I still using the preselector when I tune within the range of one of the enabled filters?

Putting it another way: What rules does the DUO-ART-120 follow when comparing the tuned frequency with the entries in the table? The manual does not explain this.

Thanks and 73
_._,_._,_

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.