Re: ELAD S3 Performance

Pete

Here's a couple observations (or lessons learned so far):
1.  This thing is going to take a little time to get used to. It's kinda like trading up to a 2020 Ferrari after driving a 1987 Cadillac (my FDM S2).
2.  FDM-SW2 will not recognize the S3 when trying to use a USB2 port. (I swear to all the appropriate gods I will untangle the wire rats nest  behind my equipment)
3. The S3 struggles with an i5 computer using the 9.8304 and 19.6608MHz Device Configurations. I get some audio "chugging" using those. SIGH, this means I have to start looking for an i7 computer upgrade.
4.  I am confused using the +12vdc power inputs. The sockets will not grasp the tinned wires supplied with the radio. Maybe I am unaware of a technique for using the sockets. The manual may show how but I'm reluctant to force anything yet. I have jerry rigged a connection pending more information.
5.  I love this thing!

Pete