Could You Make a Broadband Recording for Me?

Bill Alpert

Three times each Wednesday (USA time), a dedicated group of radio amateurs participate in a high speed morse code event. I'm unable to hear the event from my home properly due to a very high noise floor in my location. I'm hoping an Elad owner would be willing to record one of these hour long events so that I can listen to it in detail and share it with others in our group for high speed morse code copy practice.

The event runs every Wednesday at 1300 – 1400z (favoring Asia/Pacific); 1900 – 2000z (favoring Europe/Africa); and 0300 – 0400z –Thursday (Wednesday evening in US/Canada).

I think the optimal recording location would be midwestern to eastern USA for either the 1900 UTC or 0300 Thursday UTC (Late night Wednesday in the US) session. You'll notice that the 20 and 40 meter ham bands light up for these events. You'll need a good antenna for the 14 MHz (1900 UTC session)  or 7 MHz frequency (0300 UTC session). I have several easy option to receive the large file produced. Thanks for considering my request. Here's a bit more information about the event and our club.

73 de Bill Alpert/ KG6NRV

CWops Tests, or CWTs, are 60 minutes in duration and held on Wednesday each week. There are three events at times that favor different geographic areas on this same day. Everyone is welcome – you don’t have to be a CWops member to join the fun. CWTs are a good opportunity to meet other CW fans who may be interested in CWops membership. Six bands are used – 10, 15, 20, 40, 80 and 160m. Suggested frequencies are from 28 to 45 kHz from the band edges.  However, this range should not be considered a limit when activity is such that participants find it necessary to spread further.   Please be considerate of ongoing QSOs and mindful of ongoing or imminent DXpedition operations., W1AW transmissions, etc. Please slow down when called at a slower speed – we want everyone to feel welcome. Lots of Qs or just a few, please submit your results for each session at http://3830scores.com
PURPOSE
Meet and greet and show activity on the bands.  It’s a good public relations opportunity for CWops for those who haven’t heard of us yet.  It’s also an opportunity for interested non-members to garner the required nominations for membership.
TIMES
Every Wednesday at 1300 – 1400z (favoring Asia/Pacific); 1900 – 2000z (favoring Europe/Africa); and 0300 – 0400z –Thursday (Wednesday evening in US/Canada).

More information at CWOPS.ORG