Re: Phase noise or front end overload #elad

Clint Chron

Hi Patrick,

If the problem signal was adjacent band, then external band pass filters will most likely help.  You need to know the source of the signal that was causing the problem.  If the signal was in-band, then a band pass filter will probably not help.

Did you see the “PK” light on the front of the Duo or the ADC Clip light on the SW-2 software?

At my home QTH, I get overload from the strong AM broadcast stations that are about 12 miles from my house.  I have an external AM band-stop filter on my Duo that gets rid of the overload.

73

Clint

W7KEC