Re: FDM-S3 availbility

Nils Schiffhauer

... WIMO now announces availability of FDM-S3 as per July 30th, 2020 ...

As a lucky & happy user of a pre-production sample of the FDM-S3 (w/o the GPS module), I can 100% underline what Paul wrote: "it's worth the wait".

Franco and his team did (and are doing) an excellent job with this outstanding concept.

There are some unique applications of which "the community" dreamed for decades, first opf all: to record and play seamlessy an up to 20+ MHz wide range onto internal and even external harddisk. This is nothing but a game-changer in serious DXing.
Thanks to the 16-bit concept and Elad's stunning experience in getting this really onto the road, you may do unattended recording of this range for 24 hours (resulting in a file of 8.5 TB) on HF as well as on VHF. I did this numerous times without any problem.

On my website https://dk8ok.org/ you may see some examples. The most recent ones deal with VHF (OIRT as well as FM), also with a couple of audio clips.

It really is a radio that will inspire you!

73 Nils, DK8OK

Am 29.06.2020 um 15:55 schrieb Paul NN4F:

Firstly the S3 is not available at wimo in Germany, they are taking preorders which we at elad do not do. We are finalizing the gps clock side of the radio, which is an add on from the original design, my updated model should be arriving here with in the next week or so.
Once it’s available, trust me you will know, we know it’s been a while, but trust me from a long time radio user, it’s worth the wait.
--
Paul Jones - NN4F EladUSA
Email: paul@...

On Jun 28, 2020, at 12:16, Ron Liekens <r.e.liekens@...> wrote: