Re: FDM-DUO overload issues

Clint Chron

Hi Steve,

There are several recent forum posts about receiver overload on the Elad Duo and S2 radios.   Can you provide some details on what kind of signals are causing the overload?  Typical sources could be:

Nearby high power AM broadcast stations

Nearby high power shortwave broadcast stations

Nearby high power FM broadcast stations

Nearby ham stations on the same band or adjacent bands.

Using a magnetic loop antenna such as the Wellbrook and W6LVP units will not help the overload.  I have both loops.  They are great for reducing E field noise.

73

Clint

W7KEC