FDM-DUO overload issues

Steve Knell

Hi All,

I've been suffering with overload of my FDM-DUO (I recently got my doublet antenna up a bit higher).  I used to get overload only on 80/40 but now I'm getting it on 20M as well.  I can switch in the ATT but I don't really want to sacrifice too much sensitivity on 20M.  I understand that the rx only version has the option of a pre-selector.  Is it likely that there will be an outboard version of this for the FDM-DUO?

I was wondering if a Welbrook loop is the answer as I believe that has reasonable sensitivity up to 14MHz and beyond?  But due to the wide bandwidth high gain LNA in the Welbrook device the overload issue would be just the same, right?  It won't magically give me more dynamic range in the receiver...  Any suggestions or tips, please?

I've been trying to avoid buying a more expensive radio, but maybe that's the only realistic solution.

Thanks,
Steve