Re: BM800 Microphone

bill steffey NY9H

i bought one of thozse bm800 mics...   I used it with my elecraft k3, which provides the voltage on the mic line for the electret.

since the mic provided with the elad is a icom knockoff...  it too is probably a electret...   so IF you wire it correctly  it should work fine.

That mic  , if you pull it apart ( which is the first thing i did )   the 'large" element  was open  front and back... which would pick up shack noise, so you could open it up and  put some absorbent stuff between the back side of the element and the case...

I had to buy one to see how bad it was...and was suprised how well it worked.   It is an electret so how bad could it be ???

looks way too cool for my shack... but unbelevable for 29$ shipped.#@&$*P&%%#!@

Over 40 years in audio business I was a factory representative for different companies...  Sennheiser, AKG then Shure brothers  ... so I had to try one of the fancy microphones///

bill /3

On 4/4/2020 6:52 AM, mike bayard via groups.io wrote:

I don't know what the model is  but i just cover it with a wind screen

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 5:39 AM, Mark Stewart
I'm not familiar with the USB mic from Walmart. Can you please advise?

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 5:24 AM mike bayard via groups.io <n8obu=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was with a oem phantom power supply . It sounded great but was intermittent  using the 3.5 mm computer input you can swap the oem power supply out for the powered beringer  power supply that takes the xlr input and converts  it to a usb this takes care of the intermittent  issue but some users end up with a squelch crash  when they key up depending on the c.v sound card.
I just went to walmart and got the 25.00 usb mic and did not look back  works 100%ans stable  73 n8obu

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 2:40 AM, Mark Stewart
<spooter12@...> wrote:
Anyone using the BM800 Mic?