Re: How do you like your pre-selector? #fdm-duo #pre-selector

Otso Ylönen

Impressive!

However, I would like to have an inverted effect as a MW/AM DX listener. To the band-full of Trans-Atlantic signals, e.g. from Arizona! Seriously speaking, schematics of band-pass filters for the AM, FM and the OIRT-FM bands would be welcome.

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. März 2020 um 13:16 Uhr
Von: "Clint Chron" <kiheiman@q.com>
An: EladSDR@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [EladSDR] How do you like your pre-selector? #fdm-duo #pre-selector

Hi Paul,

This is a test to see if JPG pictures come through in an email on the groups.io site.

Here is a spectrum display of the AM broadcast band at my QTH in Phoenix, AZ.

I get ADC overload on my Duo radio, even though there are no signals that are stronger than -10 dbm.

Here is the same spectrum using an AM band stop band (reject) notch filter:

ADC overload is gone.  Using this band stop filter, I can listen to beacon signals in the 200 – 500 Khz band.

If the pictures do not come through, then please send me your email address and I can send them to you.

Clint

W7KEC

From: EladSDR@groups.io [mailto:EladSDR@groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Jones
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:15 AM
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EladSDR] How do you like your pre-selector? #fdm-duo #pre-selector

Paul

I have requested a few months ago new filters to also cover the main broadcast bands that swl users can make use of. 

Also a dedicated am 520-1800 notch filter

Paul EladUSA 

On Mar 19, 2020, at 06:07, Paul White <paul@...> wrote:

Hi, Clint
Isn't it a little disappointing that the available filters are designed for the amateur bands only?
I wouldn't have the skills to build on the unpopulated boards.

Join EladSDR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.