Re: SW2 S-Meter #fdm-sw2 #fdm-s2 #smeter

Paul White

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 07:48 PM, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
The scaling in the IF spectrum window should just reflect the FFT bin size change from 11.7Hz to 2.9Hz
Thanks, Neil, it is as you say (dependent on main FFT span), so it is indeed possible to make the necessary corrections under duress :-).
But there are plenty of gotchas, apart from the "cumbersomeness" and nuisance factors I already mentioned. For example: even with very accurate positioning of a marker, zooming out enough makes it "fall off the edge" of the peak so wrecking the marker statistics. Whereas the S-Meter itself doesn't exhibit that kind of artificial sensitivity.
I'll definitely take your advice and raise a support ticket if that's the right way to go (I hadn't realised group topics were ineffective for this).
Grateful for all your help!
Paul