Re: Fancy S-meter #eladduo #eladsw2 #smeter

Chris Moore

Here's what Rob Sherwood said:

S meter linearity and dBm meter linearity is as close to perfect as one could ask for.  Each S unit from S1 to S9 is 6 dB.  The dBm scale is within 1 dB from -120 dBm to -30 dBm, and is often perfect.  There is an occasional error of up to 2 dB when decreasing the signal in 5 dB steps vs. increasing the level in 5 dB steps. The S meter / dBm readings are not significantly affected by the 12 dB attenuator.  These readings are corrected in software to give the true signal level, which should be commended

I always assumed he was talking about the meter in SW2, but not sure.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 5:51 PM Neil Coley <coleyneil1@...> wrote:
In my experience, I’d say the duo is the most accurate. I’d do away with the S meter on sw2. Its obviously just decoration.
I think real S meters are for superhets or Japanese hybrid sdrs - 7300/7610

The Elad S meters will get there eventually but for now......shite

On 18 Mar 2020, at 22:00, Ivo Frigo <ivo.frigo@...> wrote:

Good evening, everyone,
I noticed that the S-meters on the Duo and the SW2 indicate absolutely different values. For example, the same signal on the DUO is at S9, the software SW-2 indicates 9+20 (even just beyond) and Studio1 about 8.
What's going on? Who is right? Have I done something wrong?
Thank you.

IN3EFR - Ivo