Re: Using SPF-08 with Elad Duo or S2

Vianney Colombat

Hi Clint,

when using S2 and SPF-08, the External HW tab of the Setup window must be used to set the filters, see below :

When using the DUO (not the DUOr) and SPF-08 or QSF-06, the FDM-DUO Manager window must be used to set the filters, see below :

Vianney

Il 09/03/2020 21:28, Clint Chron ha scritto:

Hi Neil,

So you can use the SPF-08 without the SW-2 software?  I assume that you initially had to use the SW-2 software to tell the Duo what frequency ranges to use for each band.   Does your version of SW-2 software show the “hardware tab” on the setup menu.  The older versions of software showed that tab, but it has not been there for several later versions.

Clint

W7KEC

From: EladSDR@groups.io [mailto:EladSDR@groups.io] On Behalf Of Neil Smith G4DBN
Sent: Monday, March 9, 2020 1:20 PM
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EladSDR] Using SPF-08 with Elad Duo or S2

I have an SPF-08 with my DUO. Works fine in standalone. I configured the filter selection originally using SW2.

Neil G4DBN

On 09/03/2020 20:03, Clint Chron wrote:

Is anyone using a SPF-8 pre-selector with their Duo or S2?  If so, I wonder what version of SW-2 software you are using.  Also, are you able to use your Duo in a standalone mode with the SPF-08 without having to run the SW-2 software.  I have not done any testing with the SPI interface on the radios's DB9 for about two years.  Currently, I cannot see any SPI signals on pins 1, 3, & 8.  I do not know if my Duo's SPI interface is bad or if there is some other problem.  In reviewing the available docs, I am not sure I understand how the SPF-08 could work with a Duo in the stand-alone mode.  Obviously with the S2, you have to use the SW-2 software in order to use the receiver.

Clint
W7KEC

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.

Join EladSDR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.