Re: Using SPF-08 with Elad Duo or S2

Paul Andrews

I'm using the FDM-DUO as a 28 MHz IF radio with Khune transverters on 432 MHz and 1296 MHz.

FDM DUO performance on EME has been excellent.  It's great to see the entire EME band and feed multiple instances of WSJT-X via VACs.

The transverters already have excellent filtering.  Do you think I would benefit from using the SPF-08 with a 28 MHz filter?

EME types are always looking for another 0.1 of a dB.

73 - Paul - W2HRO

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 4:20 PM Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

I have an SPF-08 with my DUO. Works fine in standalone. I configured the filter selection originally using SW2.

Neil G4DBN

On 09/03/2020 20:03, Clint Chron wrote:
Is anyone using a SPF-8 pre-selector with their Duo or S2?  If so, I wonder what version of SW-2 software you are using.  Also, are you able to use your Duo in a standalone mode with the SPF-08 without having to run the SW-2 software.  I have not done any testing with the SPI interface on the radios's DB9 for about two years.  Currently, I cannot see any SPI signals on pins 1, 3, & 8.  I do not know if my Duo's SPI interface is bad or if there is some other problem.  In reviewing the available docs, I am not sure I understand how the SPF-08 could work with a Duo in the stand-alone mode.  Obviously with the S2, you have to use the SW-2 software in order to use the receiver.

73
Clint
W7KEC

--