Re: NOT ENOUGH USB CONTROLLERS

Mark Gottlieb <kk2l@...>

Alan,

Thanks for the reply.  It will be helpful.  I did resolve the audio issue which was a DELL issue with that particular brand of laptop.  Turns out the internal microphone is defaulted in the OFF position which could not be corrected in the BIOS.  In order to fix it, I went to the drivers download site for that TAG # and the BIOS update fixed the problem.  The USB issue also appears to be a DELL issue.  They are giving me an exchange on the laptop so we'll see if that solves the problem.  It so happens that I was using an external hub but a cheap one when the problem started.  However, when I removed the hub and plugged each cable into its own port, the problem continued.  I will replace the USB Hub with the one you suggest.

Thanks

73

Mark
KK2L