Re: SP-1A noise on ssb

Vianney Colombat

Yes, TDA7391 on both versions of the speaker.

Vianney

Il 30/01/2020 22:02, bill steffey NY9H ha scritto:

On 1/30/2020 3:58 PM, bill steffey NY9H wrote:

having been in the audio business for over 40 years... 20+ with JBL ... & then Renkus Heinz.. I'd say this is quite a nice little box.... a very early version  SP-1  the device inside was a TDA7391.....

my opinion exceeds BOSE ... for the purpose

bill ny9h

On 1/30/2020 1:15 PM, Klaus Brosche, DK3QN wrote:
@Vianney, with re. to Declans' post:

What type of audio amp is used in the SP-1A (and in the SP-1, I have the latter one but don't want to open
the housing just for this exercise)?

Is it one of these Class-D amp chips?

73, Klaus, DK3QN

Am 30.01.2020 um 19:06 schrieb Declan Mayock via Groups.Io:
I recently got a sp-1a and find it excellent but on usb/lsb there is an annoying whine/fizzle, its hard to explain but on a quiet part of band on filter 1 or 2 it sounds like it is picking up internal electrical noise from circuitry, it is only present when volume is turned on on duor even on volume 1, i have moved cables and separated etc but no joy has anyone else noticed this?

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita (DL 196/2003). Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may well also be legally privileged (DL 196/2003). If you are not among the named recipients, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system, do not use the contents for any purpose whatsoever nor disclose them to anyone else.