Re: No Receive on 2 Meters using 0db mode and Antenna 1 #elad #fdm-duo #fdm-s2

Michael Boudreaux

Here is the reply to your questions:

not seeing signals on WF but since reset I have not yet looked again. I do not know how to set the display 146 MHZ to 148 Mhz all on the same display?

FM mode indicator is definitely coming on. Menu 14 is ON.

I hear an increase in noise level when I connect the antenna. not yet check closely but will soon as I find a bit of time.

ok so the  Normal FM Repeater Channels are okay with NBFM setting at 12.5K   Would this be why the Commercial FM stations are distorted?

I have not yet found where how to modify SW2 to go above 54 MHZ . I saw it somewhere once maybe on sw2 pdf file. any suggestions? I will look at SW2 pdf later today.

I set Menu 53 to Maximum allowed 5000 I think in case this is helpful

I believe I am making progress. This entire drill is eventually focused on getting my 10 Meter Transvertor to work on FM Receive at least but I don't know if the transvertor is working it is new 28-31 Mhz  covering 145-148 MHz. The Transvertor supplier says it was completely tested all functions before shipping. I am inclined to believe he is telling the truth. I though I would prove the radio working first them move on to the Transvertor but it has been a real challenge so far. There exists no 10 M FM signals and I have no good way to generate a signal on 10FM low level. also can transmit 2m FM into dummy load and receive on dummy load that might be okay setting output to low 5 watts I think Yaesu FT8900. So this where I am I still have a few more things to follow up before this Saga ends. 73  Mike vk4sy

On 15/01/2020 21:32, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
Perhaps the NBFM bandwidth is set to match the tx bandwidth on menu 53?

Neil

On 15/01/2020 11:26, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
You don't need to run the software for NBFM, only for wideband. Do you get strong noise on NBFM when you connect the antenna?  Is the squelch (knob E1) set to off? Does the radio work OK in FM mode if you listen to a station at a lower frequency? OK, you won't get much output from an AM station, but you should hear the noise drop as the station is tuned in.

Is there anything on the waterfall in SW2 at the repeater frequency?

Is the "FM" mode indicator definitely coming on the DUO screen when you select that mode using the MODE button? (check menu 14 on the DUO is set to ON if not)

Do you see a signal on the DUO S meter when the repeater keys up?

The DUO when used with SW2 in FM mode can be set to any receive bandwidth up to about 25kHz.  In standalone, the NBFM mode bandwidth doesn't appear to be specified, but it works fine with our 12.5kHz channels

Neil G4DBN

On 15/01/2020 10:41, Mark Gottlieb wrote:
Good Morning All,

I did make the necessary adjustments in the software and tuned up to 145.390, which happens to be a strong repeater in this area, and I did not hear anything.  I was listening in FM.  I think I heard the repeater being keyed up but no other audio. Is it a narrow pass band at that frequency for the ELAD?

dbn.uk</small></a>