Re: DIGITAL TIMING

Tony EI8JK

Hi Neil
OK, now I'm confused.
I'm not using a VAC, just the onboard sound (via USB). But why would this happen with the DUO but not on my FT-991?
I will persevere and try to fix it and try Robert's point of restarting WSJT when it happens.
It's a bit of a pain though especially as the Yaesu has been running off and on for 4 or 5 weeks without any issues at all.
Tony, EI8JK

On 10/01/2020 13:21, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

If you read back through the archives, there is an issue with the timing of some soundcards.  Have a read through this thread and others:

https://groups.io/g/EladSDR/topic/5756057#12397

I use VAC with a virtual receiver in SW2 feeding a VAC line and haven't seen any issues with increasing delays over a few days, but then I don't see a problem when I talk to the DUO device directly either. 

Neil G4DBN

On 10/01/2020 10:28, Tony EI8JK wrote:
I had this problem with running FT8 with my DUO. It would be perfectly OK to start with, but after an hour or so there was a delay of about 2 - 3  seconds between switching to TX and the audio kicking in, which meant that the amplifier was of course 2 -3 seconds late firing up.
I didn't investigate too much, instead I swapped the DUO with my FT-991 which has been running perfectly for a couple of weeks now, no delays.
So I can't really see that it is a Windows problem, but willing to admit to O/S ignorance.

I might investigate further though, as I would really like to get back to using the DUO for digital work.
Tony, EI8JK

On 10/01/2020 08:14, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
Sounds like the Windows soundcard timing issue with latency that has been discussed at length. Search for "latency" on the forum and see if that sheds any light.
Neil G4DBN

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/01/2020 07:36 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: [EladSDR] DIGITAL TIMING

SW2 software with fdm-duo if left monitoring a ft8 frequency decodes for a few hours then appears to lose timing syncing timing on the computer does not restart decoding but if sw2 software is closed and restarted decoding start again immediately for another period of time (usually 2 or 3 hours) quite frustrating if you leave monitoring over night.  3 other operators have noticed the same occurrence but I dont seem to hear about it from this group . Perhaps we are missing something?? By the way decoding software is jtdx  wsjtdx  and it is not only ft8 so I have been told..any suggestions??
vk3dnh

-- 
Neil
<a href="http://g4dbn.uk/"><small>g4dbn.uk</small></a>

Join EladSDR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.