Re: DIGITAL TIMING

Tony EI8JK

Hi Neil
OK, now I'm confused.
I'm not using a VAC, just the onboard sound (via USB). But why would this happen with the DUO but not on my FT-991?
I will persevere and try to fix it and try Robert's point of restarting WSJT when it happens.
It's a bit of a pain though especially as the Yaesu has been running off and on for 4 or 5 weeks without any issues at all.
Tony, EI8JK

On 10/01/2020 13:21, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

If you read back through the archives, there is an issue with the timing of some soundcards.  Have a read through this thread and others:

https://groups.io/g/EladSDR/topic/5756057#12397

I use VAC with a virtual receiver in SW2 feeding a VAC line and haven't seen any issues with increasing delays over a few days, but then I don't see a problem when I talk to the DUO device directly either.

Neil G4DBN

On 10/01/2020 10:28, Tony EI8JK wrote:
I had this problem with running FT8 with my DUO. It would be perfectly OK to start with, but after an hour or so there was a delay of about 2 - 3  seconds between switching to TX and the audio kicking in, which meant that the amplifier was of course 2 -3 seconds late firing up.
I didn't investigate too much, instead I swapped the DUO with my FT-991 which has been running perfectly for a couple of weeks now, no delays.
So I can't really see that it is a Windows problem, but willing to admit to O/S ignorance.

I might investigate further though, as I would really like to get back to using the DUO for digital work.
Tony, EI8JK

On 10/01/2020 08:14, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
Sounds like the Windows soundcard timing issue with latency that has been discussed at length. Search for "latency" on the forum and see if that sheds any light.
Neil G4DBN