So I can't really see that it is a Windows problem, but willing to admit to O/S ignorance.

I might investigate further though, as I would really like to get back to using the DUO for digital work.
Tony, EI8JK

On 10/01/2020 08:14, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
Sounds like the Windows soundcard timing issue with latency that has been discussed at length. Search for "latency" on the forum and see if that sheds any light.
Neil G4DBN

-------- Original message --------
From: chris <vk3dnh@...>
Date: 10/01/2020 07:36 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: [EladSDR] DIGITAL TIMING

SW2 software with fdm-duo if left monitoring a ft8 frequency decodes for a few hours then appears to lose timing syncing timing on the computer does not restart decoding but if sw2 software is closed and restarted decoding start again immediately for another period of time (usually 2 or 3 hours) quite frustrating if you leave monitoring over night.  3 other operators have noticed the same occurrence but I dont seem to hear about it from this group . Perhaps we are missing something?? By the way decoding software is jtdx  wsjtdx  and it is not only ft8 so I have been told..any suggestions??
vk3dnh