Re: Recording multiple files failed

Otso Ylönen

Actually, already the third file is smaller than the expected 13,107,169 kB. When the playback hits the spot where things went wrong, I get an awful noise from my headphones.

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Samstag, 28. Dezember 2019 um 17:26 Uhr
Von: "Otso Ylönen" <otso.ylonen@...>
An: "EladSDR groups.io" <EladSDR@groups.io>
Betreff: [EladSDR] Recording multiple files failed
Hi,

I had a nasty case of IQ recording failing on the fifth file. I was recording medium waves with the 1,536 MHz bandwidth with FDM-S2. This has never happened to me before. There has been the occasional failure to start recording, yielding a 0kb file. That however, is possible to be spotted as the Rec indicator does not light up. This one cannot be seen at all before trying to play back the recording.

Note that while files 004 and 007 are just 1kB in size, the two in between are considerably larger. All of them show correct stop times in their header.

I do not expect I can recover these files. However, I really would like to avoid this in the future. Any ideas about the cause?