Re: Updating Bandplan - help!

Neil Smith G4DBN

The bandplan ONLY affects the DUO, so just try a standalone TXwihtout the ART120 and with SW2 off and see if you get an out of band error before you do anything else drastic.

Neil

On 16/11/2019 19:43, David via Groups.Io wrote:
Neil

Thanks for your response. Haven’t tried transmitting on 60, though did put a brief CQ call out on 40 via my ART120 - no response but Meters/display suggest that worked.

I actually tried to install the German version as well, but that failed to install too.

Will try standalone transmission on 60 when the band is open tomorrow.

I had problems with the BandPlan installation back in May on my old Win7 pc. I think I then ended up installing the German version and extending the band limits, can’t really remember - probably age getting the better of my memory! That was with SW2 ver3_019. I think I did have 60m in the Tuning tab then, just the wrong band limits. This time there’s no 60 m band at all, not in the Tuning tab in Setup nor on RH side of the screen.

Considering going to Set up/ Tuning and changing 144Mhz or FM broadcast in the Tuning tab to 5Mhz. Not sure if I can create a new band any other way if I can’t install a BandPlan update.

All the firmware is up to date.

David
On 16 Nov 2019, at 18:44, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

Hi David, can you transmit OK on the DUO in standalone mode on a permitted frequency in the 60m band? Hard to see how a new software installation would affect the bandplan in the DUO. Usual fix is to install a *different* bandplan, then reinstall the original, but test it first without SW2 running as it could just be the settings in SW2. Check the Tuning tab in Setup to make sure the line in the table for 60m is correct.

Neil G4DBN

On 16/11/2019 18:34, David via Groups.Io wrote:
Just acquired a new Windows 10 laptop. Installed FDM SW2 v 3_027 and drivers without any apparent problems, but 60m completely missing from installation which I guess is probably normal.

Downloaded Bandplan, GB+60m ver2.1, April 9 2019 and tried to install it without any luck, tried again and told me it had already been installed.

I carried out the follwing procedure:
- Downloaded file and unzipped it
- Connected PC to DUO CAT port
- Switched on DUO and put it in Service Mode
- Launched .EXE file and followed on-screen instructions, seemed to install
- Restarted DUO as instructed.
-No sign of 60m band when I re-started DUO and launched SW2 with other USB leads connected.

Tried again and was told bandplan was already installed.

Any advice would be welcomed.