Re: FDM DUO INCREDIBLY NOISY!!! #fdm-duo

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN

Hello Tom,

Mine is *not* noisy at all.

When yours was nice and quiet on the LiFePo: did you connect any antenna at that point?

In the car: did you feed it there from the LiFePo or from the car battery? Any antenna
connected?

Klaus, DK3QN

Am 05.11.2019 um 14:26 schrieb m7mcqio83ro@...:

Hi all, I just bought a used FDM DUO and when I plugged it in last night at home, it was incredibly noisy!! I thought there was something wrong with my G5RV or with the existing settings in the transceiver, so I performed a DEFAULT RESET and it was just the same.

So a few minutes ago during my work-break I drove up to a high vantage point and connected it up to a LifePO battery. It was nice and quiet.

As soon as I sat back in the car though, it was back to being incredibly noisy with the ignition switched on (but engine not running).  I've had lots of radios and NONE have been noisy like this one. It's soooo poor!

Are they all like this or have I bought a duffer??

73, Tom. M7MCQ