Re: FDM-DUO + ART power on/off remotely

Tony EI8JK

Hi Mark

I assume you have the same situation as myself, outdoor radio shack and would like to operate from nice warm, dry indoors during winter nights.
It is a real shame that the Duo + Art doesn't really lend itself for what we both want. As you say, the "remote" software is of little use (to me) if it can't run digital modes, or able to be switched remotely in stand alone mode.

I gave up a few weeks ago and have gone back to my Yaesu Mk V which has a real mechanical mains switch, which I switch with a WiFi controlled socket, then use Team Viewer to control the shack computer.
That works well and I can operate digimodes from anywhere, and then switch everything off when I've finished.

Sorry I can't help.

73, Tony, EI8JK

On 19/10/2019 10:09, Mark EI3KD wrote:
To elaborate a little more...

Actually, I find that when ART menu 5 (Use Mode) is set to "Local", the ART will not power up unless the front panel button is pressed? Is that right and, if so, can that behaviour be changed somehow?

When menu 5 is set to "Remote" then the power-up/down behaviour changes to "working as required" when mains supply to the ART is applied and removed. Unfortunately for me, "Remote" can only be set successfully if the two units are wired appropriately, which disallows direct PC control. Stuck between a rock and a hard place?

I think I need some clarity on this :)

Mark