Re: USB beginners question

Harke Smits

Hello all,
Thank you all for your helpful comments. I now have wsjt almost working. I connect CAT and TX and the corresponding levels in W10 are 100%. My RX level is about 22, just adequate, I think. However when transmitting Tune or TX enable I see no output on my sa. In stand alone cw mode it works perfectly. WSJT does not report errors when a command is send to the DUO. Pwr is set to max. What can be the problem? F= 50.3 MHz. I intend to use the DUO at 144 MHz to drive my microwave transverters for EME.
I ordered a third usb cable just to be sure.....
Hope you guys can give me some hints. Very much appreciated!
Best 73 de

Harke

(Send from my iPad4)

Op 17 sep. 2019 om 01:19 heeft Michael Boudreaux <@vk3xz> het volgende geschreven:

I also find that I get Rig Cat failures if all 3 usb's are connected. I leave receive disconnected because of this. possible ground loop on computer usb. works fine with only 2 CAT and TX 73 Mike vk3xz

On 17/09/2019 08:58, Antony Watts via Groups.Io wrote:
I find all you need is CAT and TX USB connections for digital.

In fact I can run two Macs, one with CAT & TX connected and using WSJT for digital, the other with RX connected and running W10 & FDM-SW2.

So for FDM-SW2 you only need RX connected, to get the mode, filter, etc and 4 x RX frequency control. Mic provides PTT. And for WSJT you need CAT & TX connected for two way audio and CAT control.

73

Antony
M0IFA

On 16 Sep 2019, at 19:25, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

You need the CAT port for control and PTT, the receive port to send the receive stream from the DO to the PC FDM-DUO audio device and the transmit port to send the tones from WSJT to the FDM-DUO input audio device, so yes, you need all three. I run the RX port on a motherboard USB2 port, and the CAT and TX on a shared hub on another port. Seems to work OK.

Neil G4DBN

On 16/09/2019 14:11, Harke Smits via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello,

Recently acquired a FDM-DUO and still in the learning curve with respect to hw and sw. I am puzzled by the number of USB ports. Do I need to connect all three to my pc when when operating WSJT?
Maybe the answer is obvious and somewhere here at the forum or in the doc but I could not find it (quickly).
Best 73 de
Harke, PA0HRK