Re: USB beginners question

Neil Smith G4DBN

You need the CAT port for control and PTT, the receive port to send the receive stream from the DO to the PC FDM-DUO audio device and the transmit port to send the tones from WSJT to the FDM-DUO input audio device, so yes, you need all three. I run the RX port on a motherboard USB2 port, and the CAT and TX on a shared hub on another port.  Seems to work OK.

Neil G4DBN

On 16/09/2019 14:11, Harke Smits via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello,

Recently acquired a FDM-DUO and still in the learning curve with respect to hw and sw. I am puzzled by the number of USB ports. Do I need to connect all three to my pc when when operating WSJT?
Maybe the answer is obvious and somewhere here at the forum or in the doc but I could not find it (quickly).
Best 73 de
Harke, PA0HRK