Re: FDM-SW2 setup with Fldigi

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Brad, sorry I missed your original question.  What exactly do you want to get working?  I just downloaded Fldigi 4.0.18 and put in a basic setup which seems to work OK.  Are there facilities that you can't get when you are talking directly to the DUO audio, CAT and PTT, but you can get in SW2?  If so, what do you need?

Fldigi is still using an old version of Hamlib and hasn't caught up with WSJT-X and others, so you can't use the dedicated FDM-DUO library.  That also means avoiding the buggy TS480 Hamlib is important.  It is safest to to use the TS480 rigcat instead, using serial port RTS PTT the same as will all other programs which don't support the current Hamlib yet.

On the DUO, just make sure TXIN is set to AUTO (or USB) and PTT is set to IN+RTS.

Apologies if I've not understood what you are trying to do.  If you need to share the audio stream, just set up VAC as usual and point the input stream at one of the VAC LINE devices.  If you need to share the serial port, then good luck, all the systems I've tried to do that end up with some clunkiness.

Here are screenshots.  This works in standalone or with the default standalone plus 192k in SW2.  If you want to use one of the other modes which run the DUO as remote, that is a different matter.  Please explain a bit more about exactly what you need to achieve.

Neil G4DBN

On 13/09/2019 18:47, Brad Moran wrote:
Not sure how you did it, it is not showing any screen shots.  I am frankly getting disgusted trying to get this FDM Duo with work with Flidigi.  And when people say "oh, here it is" this forum shows a blank spot.