Re: Elad duo and wsjtx

Neil Smith G4DBN

Set the DUO to show TX power, then send a constant @1000 tone from WSJT-X and adjust the power slider until you get a 3dB drop in output power for a 3dB drop in WSJT-X level.  Then put the power back up by 3dB and you will be pretty close to the right level for max power.  Make sure you are running Fake-It split in WSJT-X.

ALC doesn't actually matter much with "constant carrier" modes like FT8 or JT9, the only issue is a potential wideband splat at the initial startup, as there is no soft-start in WSJT-X, but if you ensure you are in the linear range of the PA, you won't have to worry about any additional weird phase distortion effects.

This isn't a Yahoo group (thank goodness!) so you can search the archive very easily.

Just click on the link at the bottom of every mail and it takes you to the groups.io page for EladSDR and you can use the search tool for the whole archive from there.

Neil G4DBN

On 10/09/2019 20:00, MM6IXE wrote:
evening

I’m set up for wsjtx and noticed I have no alc,
im new to duo and yahoo groups.
im sure this has been asked a million times, and I don’t know how to find the answers yet

how do u adjust ya output, is it in dB? I’ve set mine at 18dbm, or has this nothing to do with it, and I’m on one😂

many thanx
iain
MM6IXE