Re: Thinking of selling FDM-S2 and getting DUO-R

Neil Smith G4DBN

I use self-adhesive copper tape stuck to the back of the monitor, with holes for ventilation, then I solder wires to the tape and connect that to ground. The power lead has eight turns through a toroid.  The signal lead is wrapped with aluminium foil along with a drain wire, then that is taped to the lead and grounded.  All grounds are taken to a single point.  I also have lots of ferrite clamps, but they don't seem to help much. On the PC case, I have fitted additional bonding wires to ensure the PC case is solidly connected to the chassis. It is a newver-ending battle against noise.

The 2 inch copper tape I use is designed to repel slugs and snails to stop them climbing the sides of plant containers.

Neil G4DBN

On 27/08/2019 13:05, Raimund wrote:
I'm using Ferrite Clamps on all cabels. Power supply, Radios, Elad FDM-S2 ecc...
My noise is nearly zero. Even with the FDM S2 near the PC-BOX and places on top of the Power Supply as you can see.