Re: DuoArt 120 Malfunction

Tony EI8JK

Hello Heinz-Juergen
I had exactly the same problem with my Art120 back in December, would not switch on.
This happened for no apparent reason, it was working fine when I switched it off, but was totally dead when I went to switch it on again a few days later from standby.
So I don't think it has anything to do with long TX periods, it certainly wasn't in my case anyway.

73, Tony, EI8JK

On 24/07/2019 10:07, Heinz-Juergen Kronemeyer wrote:

Am 24.07.19 um 09:46 schrieb Klaus Brosche, DK3QN:
I'm not an owner of an Art120, and have no schematics of this amp,
however you may try the following:

at the rear of the unit you may check if the PowerPole connector
carries any meaningful voltage (circa 12 to 14 V DC).
That would require no opening of the box.

The PowerPole Connectors are also dead. But that's normal, they don't have steady Power in Standby Mode (Main Switch On, Soft Power Off), they get Power while the Booting Sequence. So i think, PSU or CPU-Board Fault. I contacted Elad and waiting for a answer. And hopefully a warranty repair.

I hope there is no weak point with the DuoArt and Digital Modes. Long TX Sequences with higher Power Levels. I mostly use FT8 with not more then 40 Watt output and SSB FAN Mode, the internal Temperatures looked always good, but who knows.

tnx for your response.

73 de Heinz-Juergen   DO1YHJ