Re: Bug: Recording fails

Bill Nollman

One more thing. Take a look at the Release Notes for FDM-SW2 and search for the word “record” - http://sdr.eladit.com/FDM-sw2%20Software/SW2%20v3.019%20release%20notes%20(EN).txt You will see that ELAD has tried many times to fix this and while it has improved greatly it is still elusive.

From: EladSDR@groups.io <EladSDR@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Nollman
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:09 PM
To: EladSDR@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EladSDR] Bug: Recording fails

Otso, it may help to know that you are not alone in having failed manual and automatic recordings. I have reported it many times and ELAD has made improvements over the years but unfortunately recordings do still fail intermittently. I find it most often after a reboot of Windows that the first recording will fail. And so after a reboot I will always run a manual test recording before setting a schedule. I’ve also had RF recordings fail as single channel AF recordings although that is rare. For unattended recordings I don’t have a better solution. For attended recordings I always watch to see that the file number increments from 000 to 001 and then I can be confident the recording will be good. I wish I or ELAD had a better answer.

Bill