FDM-2 frequency accuracy

Otso Ylönen

Hi,

While trying to use known offsets of broadcast stations to help identify them, your equipment has to be calibrated. However, linearity accross the band would be a good thing, too. I have an old Rhode & Schwartz signal generator I have used to calibrate my receivers. However, when calibrated to the middle of the band two of my three receivers show about 5 Hz too much in the lower and 5 Hz too little in the upper end of the band. However, one of them is pretty spot-on accross the entire range. I am using the 1536 kHz bandwidth in FDM-2 to be able to capture the whole MW band.

Have you guys seen similar results?