More than one SW2 instance

Otso Ylönen

Hello,

I have been using two or three instances of SW2 in my DX machines for a few years. I just realised that on my i7 tablet, the RDS capability greatly suffers once I turn another SW2 on. For example, a 10% BER level (as displayed by RDS Spy) increases to 90% or more when just pressing the "power button" on second SW2 window. Using an SDRPlay (SDRUno software) together with one Elad SW2 running does not have similar impact. Also, in my more powerful desktop computer, I have not seen these symptoms. The CPU consumption remains at about 20% level on the laptop even with the two SW2s are runninng.

I would be interested to know if others have seen a similar issue and if there would be a woraround other than getting a more powerful laptop! I suppose SW2 does not support installing it into two different directories in the same Windows system... and even if it did, would it have any difference?

The laptop is an Asus G750J with i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz and 24GB RAM. The two ELAD FDM-S2 receivers are hooked directly into USB ports on the laptop.