Re: FDM-SW2 version v3.013

Otso Ylönen

Hi,

The Framework checker gives 4.7.xxx (see picture). Anyway, since I did the full SW2 installation, it should have updated the version if there was need for that.

Running the FDM-S2 or playback seems to work fine with one or two virtual receivers. Activate the third, and this exception is generated. As you see from the image, I am routing the audio via Virtual Audio Cable. This did work still with 3.005.

A clear improvement on the handling of these audio outputs since 3.005 is that the second channel seems to "stay up" after jumping to a new file in a chain of multiple recorded IQ files.

This is a Asus G750J with i7-4700HQ/2.4 GHz, 24GB RAM and GeForce GTX 860M. It has run two FDMs both recording 6MHz and four analog audio streams to USB3 HD without problems.

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 um 15:31 Uhr
Von: "Otso Ylönen" <otso.ylonen@...>
An: EladSDR@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [EladSDR] FDM-SW2 version v3.013
Thanks for the tips.

I will run the check later today. I will also try by hooking one of my FDM receivers to the laptop.

My "production environment" is still running at 1.150 beta. The main gripe with that version is the rather regular crash when clicking quickly around a recorded file during playback. For me, most of the interaction with the software happens with pre-recorded 21GB files (10 min/6MHz).

BR, Otso

Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Mai 2018 um 15:24 Uhr
Von: Raimund <raimund.forstmeier@...>
An: EladSDR@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [EladSDR] FDM-SW2 version v3.013
I just upgraded without deleting anything prior to the new upgrade installing.
1) i received the same error message as Otso
2) i closed SW2 and reopened SW2. No Error message anymore. Now running perfectly. The first error message for me is just a logical message due to a missing "Node" connection that is corrected on closing the program creating the new xml files.

I installed in Win 10 64bit, Intel Core i7-4790 CPU 3.6 GHz, NVidia GeForce GTX 960.

First you should control your actual Frameworks installed. The FDM-SW2 is not oldfashioned. I also checked the program with the Visual Studio 2015 C+ Debugger. No error !
I checked all 4 VRX, TCP, Omnirig, Virtual Port connections and audio stream. IF + AF not on top anymore.

You can check your frameworks with my small Frameworks program you can download here:
http://www.intrasystem.it/Frequency/Frequency.html

Raimund

Join EladSDR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.