Re: SW2 Clicking

Paul NN4F

Bill

>>Paul, are you making popcorn? Probably not what is happening ;-)

No But that’s a good idea, could just eat some now…. 😉

>>What version of FDM-SW2 are you using? I’ve never seen this but would suggest trying an older version of SW2 like v1.147 (one I used for a very long time with few issues). I’d also be >>interested to know if you use a wide bandwidth at maybe 10MHz if you have the same problem. Without the info that other SDR software doesn’t have the problem I’d think this was an >>overload issue from outside MW.

This is V3.002 I can try an older version, 1.158 perhaps. I can run the LimeSDR at 30Mhz bandwidth with NOT one hiccup in SDR-Console, and the SDRPlay RSP1/1A/2Pro all at 10Mhz in SDRUno and SDR-Console all with no problems, I’ve run the FDM-S2  standalone and with the SPF08 with the 500HP or 1700HP filters, all the same in 3.002 still the same.

>>Even though it doesn’t seem PC related I would still try another PC maybe even a laptop running on battery power as I’ve seen very odd issues related to ground loops (antenna or PC >>related not SDR, or so I believed. Never did resolve that one).

I have a pretty good ground system in the ham shack, no RFI etc, this laptop charger is pretty good, no RFI from it at all, running on battery is still the same. This is the main PC is use for everything in the shack, only time I have any issue is when running SW2 3.002, at 1.536 and above, I will go away and install the older version to confirm if that is OK

Paul

--

Paul Jones - Elad Technical Support (USA)

FDM-Duo, Duo-Art, FDM-DUOR,  FDM-S3, FDM-S2, FDM-SW2

Visit http://www.eladit.com for the full range of Elad Products

Email Support Group - https://groups.io/g/EladSDR